Here is an unedited sneak peek to the prologue from Love Always. This is from Riana’s POV.
I watched as Monica Taylor leave with Donnell Patterson and smiled. Those two have been through so much together. From their constant arguing to their various break-ups, they finally were able to talk out their problems and are pretty happy. I know our friends are still in denial that they will still be together, but I have faith in them. Now that they’re moving in together, it shows that they are being serious that their relationship will last.
I glanced over at Shawn Walker and he smiled. I still can’t believe how our relationship has grown. When I first laid eyes on him in our Introduction to Journalism class, I truly despised him. Although I couldn’t deny my attraction for him, his arrogance made me run the other direction. Well, that, and I didn’t want to fall in love again. But once we were both able to let down our guard, we were able to love each other, which I’m truly happy for.
He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek. “So, does the offer still stands.”
My heart started to beat furiously. I didn’t know what to do. A couple of days before Monica made her announcement about moving in with Donnell, Shawn asked me to do the same. Since his brother, Marcus, moved out of their apartment to stay in the house their parents gave him with my cousin Cheryl Thompson, he immediately asked. Honestly, I don’t think this is a great idea, but since we’re always together, it might not be too bad to be with him every day and night.
“Do you really think it’s a great idea? Since Monica moved out and I might, what would Britney do?”
“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.” Britney Lewis said as she wrapped an arm around my brother, Jayden. After I told him about potentially moving in with Shawn, he had an uneasy expression on his face. He still had one while staring at me.
“What are you going to do?”
“I might try and get my own place. I’ll convince my parents for a one-bedroom.”
“You sure your dad will agree?” Jayden asked.
“He might. He’s been pretty easy-going lately, so it’s a possibility.”
“Then it set. What do you say, Ri?”
“I still need to tell my mom and you need to tell your parents.”
“You know my parents. I told them and they don’t have a problem with it. They know we’re always together anyway.”
“If you don’t want to, just say so. I won’t be disappointed.”
I stared at him and touched his cheek. How could I say no to him? I stared into his brown eyes, which instantly made me melt. I loved his eyes. I could look into them all day and all night.
I touched his mocha-colored cheek and smiled. “Okay.”
He smiled and kissed me. “When did you want to move in?”
“We can soon. The lease is up in a couple of days. I’ll inform the office that Britney and I are not renewing it.”
“Don’t we need at least 30 days to inform them?” Britney asked.
“We do, but this is a special situation.” I said.
“If you need to pay the remaining amount in your lease, then I’ll cover it.” Shawn said.
I glanced at him while Britney raised an eyebrow. “Seriously.”
“Yes. I do have money saved, plus I have money from my internship, so it’s no big deal.”
“Baby, that’s something I needed to ask. Since Marcus was paying for the apartment…”
“That’s something else you don’t have to worry about. I got everything covered. Marcus paid the apartment up until the middle of the semester, and more likely, the news station will be offering me a position after my internship, so you don’t have to worry about getting a job; if that what you were going to suggest.”
I sighed. Maybe this will work out after all. If needed, then I would get a job. Since college housing and financial aid paid for majority of the apartment I was in now, I didn’t really have to get a job; but since Shawn’s apartment is off-campus and pretty swanky, I knew I would have to; but if he insist I won’t need a job, then I would consider it. Not right now, anyway.
“Okay. We can come on campus one day during the break and move everything out.”
“Great. I’m really happy about this.” Shawn said.
“I am too.”
Shawn hugged me and I sighed. Although I was happy about my decision, why I had a feeling we were getting in over our heads? I knew I shouldn’t think like that, but there was a feeling in the pit of my stomach telling me otherwise. Right now, I’ll just have to take things day by day and hopefully I won’t have this feeling anymore. Besides, what could possibly happen between us? We loved each other too much for things to become out of control. If it does, we’ll work through them. We always have and that will never change.
Or so I hope….
Hi everyone!!! To get ready for Love Always, here are two teasers from the story, in which they are the poems Shawn recites to Riana. As everyone know from Love Unbroken, Shawn can be pretty creative with his writing, so both poems are just the same as the previous ones.
Love Always will be available November 19th!!
Hope everyone is having a lovely day! I’m proud to announce that Love Unbroken and Trust Me are available on paperback on Amazon!! If you loved both books and would like to have a paperback copy, then now is your chance!!
Both books will also be available on Barnes and Noble soon. Unconditional Love will also be available on paperback. Once it is available, I will post the link.
Happy 4th of July everyone!! I hope you’re having a wonderful day! An updated version of Love Unbroken is now available on all major sites!! The story has been edited and contains an excerpt from Trust Me as well as a preview to Unconditional Love.
For those of you who have purchased the previous version should be receiving an update from Amazon soon 🙂
To get ready for the release of Unconditional Love on August 1st, Love Unbroken and Trust Me will be free on Smashwords only, starting now through July 7th.
For Love Unbroken, this will be a new version that will include an excerpt from Trust Me as well as a preview for Unconditional Love.
The codes are below:
Love Unbroken: XX27F
Trust Me: WT53G
Love Unbroken: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/388687
Happy Sunday everyone!!! To get ready for the release of Unconditional Love on August 1st, both books from the Love, Life, & Happiness series will be for FREE this week!!
Starting, tomorrow, Trust Me will be free for one day only on Amazon as well as Smashwords. The book will also be free on July 5th-6th on both sites. The code for Smashwords is up: WT53G. Another code will be posted for July 5th-6th.
Love Unbroken will also be for free on July 5th-6th, but on Smashwords only. I will post a coupon that will have the code for everyone to purchase the book through their website. For Love Unbroken, this will be a new version that will include an excerpt from Trust Me as well as a preview for Unconditional Love.
Hi everyone!!! I mentioned on my Contests and Giveaway page that I will be doing a trivia contest on Facebook. The questions have now been posted on my page. For anyone who is on Facebook and would like to participate, you can be answering the following questions below, but in order to win, you must inbox me as well as Iamshawnda Hamilton and answer ALL 40 QUESTIONS to receive the big prize.
Here are the questions:
In Love With My Best Friend
1. Where did Trevor and Chelsea have their engagement party?
2. Why did Trevor move back to Houston?
3. What movie were Trevor and Camille watching in his condo?
4. What game did Camille and Trevor play at The Aquarium?
5. What company does Camille work for?
6. What was the dance Trevor and Camille learned at The Dance Factory?
7. Who was the person that caught Trevor and Camille making out at Perry’s?
8. What is the name of the song that Camille and Trevor danced to at Bar79?
9. What is the name of the bridal store that Chelsea had her bridesmaids go to for their fitting?
10. Where was the venue Chelsea and Trevor had their wedding?
A Chance at Love
1. Which character’s birthday was at the beginning of the story?
2. What meal did Tia order while dining at Hugo’s?
3. Where is Charles’ and Trevor’s favorite hangout?
4. Where did Charles and Shelby meet?
5. What company does Charles and Tia work for?
6. Where did Tia attend college?
7. What area in Texas does Granny Bea live?
8. What club did Tia, Charles, Camille, and Trevor go to during their night out?
9. Where was the place Tia and Charles first met?
10. What was the song being played when Charles proposed to Tia?
1. What happened to Riana during the prologue of Love Unbroken?
2. What is Riana’s major?
3. Where did Riana and Shawn meet?
4. What is Riana’s screen name on Spoken?
5. Who is the guy Riana met at the off-campus party?
6. What is Shawn’s apartment address?
7. What is the name of the club that held Open Mic night?
8. What was the song everyone danced to during the “dance contest?”
9. How are Shawn and Nathan related?
10. What was the song Shawn sung to Riana at Open Mic?
1. Where was Cheryl in the prologue?
2. How did Cheryl and Marcus meet?
3. Who is Cheryl’s ex-boyfriend?
4. Where did Marcus take Cheryl for their first date?
5. Where was the place Marcus mentioned to Cheryl as his “thinking place?”
6. What was the song the guys performed karaoke to?
7. What was the name of the restaurant where Cheryl met all of Marcus’ flings?
8. What TV show did Cheryl referenced a scene similar to her date with Marcus at the restaurant?
9. What was the name of the movie Cheryl wanted to reenact a scene from?
10. What was the name of the song Marcus sung to Cheryl at his birthday party?
The contest will end tomorrow at ll:59pm eastern/10:59 central. Good luck everyone!!!!