Believe In Love, the latest spin-off from the Love, Life, & Happiness series, is available now on Amazon. It’s also free with Kindle Unlimited.
Take a journey with Cheryl and Marcus as the two try to balance their professional lives along with their marriage, kids, and everything in between. There will be some surprises as well as a reunion from the crew.
If you haven’t pre-ordered the story, it’s
available for immediate download now:
One Shot With A Baller was released over two years ago, but I decided to re-release the entire series independently with a new cover! All three parts of the Love, Life, & Happiness spin-off will be included in the new version so you can read each part at your own convenience.
The series will also be available under Kindle Unlimited. The paperback version will be available soon.
If you are not familiar with the series, or if you need to refresh your memory, here is the synopsis:
Jayden Robertson and Zack Hall are two of the hottest players in the NBA, and with them being the captains of the new team in Baker, they are unstoppable. Although their game on the court is on point, their personal lives are far from it.
Jayden and his girl, Britney Lewis have always been loyal to each other. However, with the pressure of the league, as well as Britney’s desires of starting a family, Jayden is not sure what to do. When an incident involving Britney comes to light, Jay soon realizes he has to do what is necessary to protect his girl; even if it means destroying everything that he has worked so hard for.
Zack is not only committed to his girl, Dominique Swayer, but every other woman that gives him some play. He lets the fame and the notoriety go to his head, leading him to make questionable choices that could get him banned from the league. When he meets an old friend in an unlikely place, he begins to see what is most important to him. But, will it be much too late?
Jayden and Zack have always been focused on their games, but can they clean up the mess that is occurring in their lives? Find out in part 1 of One Shot With A Baller.
Part 2 of No Other Love is available now on Amazon!! You can 1-Click for $2.99 or read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!!!
Kevin Thompson has been through a lot in the past month. Seeing his wife in their bed with another man has him on edge. On top of that, he finds out that he has a daughter and that his son has been in an accident. But when he does the unthinkable with his assistant, will he be able to keep everything together or will it come crashing down around him?
Carla Windsor never imagined that Kevin would forgive her after she revealed the paternity of their daughter. However, when she receives a second chance, she realizes that it may not be too late to get everything she’s hoped for. But when a huge secret is revealed at her daughter’s birthday party, will she fight for the life she always deserved or go back to being on guard with her feelings for the one man she always loved?
Jennifer Thompson’s life has turned into turmoil brought by the actions that she has set upon herself. She has lost everything and has a huge secret hanging over her head regarding her son, Thomas. When she receives conform from an unlikely source, will she accept it and raise even more hell to the family she was once a member of or try to repair the relationship she once had with her husband?
Hi everyone!! It was just revealed from my publisher that No Other Love 2 will be available next Tuesday, July 21st!! If you have not read part 1 yet, please do so now, because you would want to be caught up to find out what happens to Kevin, Carla, and Jennifer.
Here is the cover for Part 2:
And here’s the link to part 1:
No Other Love is LIVE on Amazon!!! You can 1-Click for $0.99 or can read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!
As mentioned in previous posts, this is the spin-off to the Love, Life, & Happiness series and will center around Cheryl’s brother Kevin. Find out how he handles his marriage to Jennifer and the return of his college best friend Carla in the first part of this hot new series.
Kevin Thompson always lived life straight by the book. He got a great job, married his college sweetheart, Jennifer and together they’re raising a wonderful son.
Even though Kevin is living the picture perfect life, he’s starting to feel that something is missing. His marriage is slowly falling apart leaving him in a compromising position. To make matters even more complicated, he unexpectedly runs into an old college friend, Carla Windsor. Carla just happens to also be friends with Jennifer.
When secrets are exposed between the three, will it destroy everything Kevin has worked hard for? Or, will he see this as his way out of the life that he once cherished?
Happy Sunday!! I recently received word from my publisher that No Other Love will be released soon! It’s currently with an editor and the cover will be revealed soon. I am so excited for this series and I cannot wait for you all to read it. Since this is the spin-off and it’s going through my publisher, I know a lot of you are probably wondering will things change with the characters and the storyline. Yes, the plot will be a little different from the original series, but let me assure you that the characters will still be the same. Not only will you get to revisit the original characters, but you get to potentially read other spin-offs in the making (of course with Elise and Jared and with Carla’s cousin, Mika).
There will be some readers who probably never read the LLH series (which I hoped you did!). Don’t worry, you don’t have to read the series to understand what’s going on. But if you want to get to know the characters really well, then you can read the series, especially Love Always, since that is the book that Kevin and Carla were introduced (even though him, Jennifer, Thomas, and Robert were introduced in Trust Me).
Another thing that I need to address is the time line. The year will be 2017. In Love Always, I upped the years to three, in which the series ended around that particular year. Therefore, NOL will start after Love Always and Redemption. I didn’t want anyone to be confused with the flashbacks when I mentioned the time frame is within 10 years when we’re in 2015.
Now that I cleared that up, I’m awaiting on news for part 1. Once I do have news on the release or the cover, I will be sure to let you all know. To get ready for part 1, catch up on the LLH series, which of course is available now on Amazon.
And by the way, I finished part 2 this past Friday, which I have to admit, has a SHOCKING cliffhanger, so I cannot wait for you all to read it (and no one will get shot or die in this series, like in Something Just Ain’t Right)
Until then, happy reading!
Hi everyone! One of the things I love to do is give background on my stories. I want readers to know what was going through my mind while writing a particular story as well as the ideas that were created. That’s why I share particular things that you all would not had known when a story is released. And that is how my “10 Things You Didn’t Know About” feature was created. 🙂
I had already done one for the In Love With My Best Friend series, but I never created one from the Love, Life, & Happiness series nor for Something Just Ain’t Right. For the ILWMBF series, you can find on my blog through the link below:
With the Love, Life, & Happiness series, there were so many things that I loved about each book. It not only provided romance, but also friendship and a sense of family. It was a series that gave a breath of fresh air to the books that we are currently reading nowadays. To me, it wasn’t your typical New Adult series, which I truly loved (and still love), and I think you all did too. 🙂
Now, starting from #10 to #1, here are the reasons you may not know about the books or what led me to write the series:
10. Shaw University is a fictional college: Just like Baker is a fictional town. When I first wrote this series almost 11 years ago, I was going to use the college I attended, University of Houston, as the backdrop for the “crew,” but I decided to make everything fictional and thought up Shaw. I still consider UH the inspiration, though.
9. The Tunnel was an actual club in Houston: I remember going to The Tunnel during my college years, which was sort of a huge club back in the day. I used that as another inspiration for the crew to hang out at.
8. The “Crew” are actually my friends: Well, sort of. When I wrote the original story, I actually used my friends as inspiration to some of the characters. Although the stories were strictly fictional, the personalities of some of the characters were depicted from my actual friends (and even some family members). *shrugs*
7. Some of the scenes from Love Always were taken from real life events: I revealed during a book discussion that some of the scenes in Love Always were taken from real life events. I found out I was pregnant during my last year of college and I did have those awkward moments going into class (especially trying to fit into one of those desks). Although I did not go into labor in class (I was actually about to start my last semester when I had my son), the labor and delivery scenes were REAL! And yes, my husband was too nervous to cut the umbilical cord, but that was to be expected.
6. Issac’ s character was based off of an ex: This goes back to the original story. If you read the original, you all know that Riana was with Issac before she met Shawn. Back in 2004, I couldn’t find anyone that could fit the description of Isaac, especially being someone that was a jerk, so I thought of my ex. I continued to use him in the current series as well. By the way, both scenarios from the original and current versions were strictly fiction.
5. My mom was the inspiration for Melanie: When I wrote the scenes between Riana and Melanie, I thought about the talks I had with my mom and the bond that she and I had when I was growing up. Those scenes were a little hard to write because during the time I wrote Love Unbroken in 2011, my mom passed away from breast cancer. There were times when I didn’t even think I was going to continue, but I did, and I’m proud of the finished outcome.
4. The Way We Were was supposed to been the final book in the series: There were only going to be four books in the LLH series, but when I done a poll on my blog about which book readers wanted to read next, an overwhelming response wanted Love Unbroken part 2.I decided to change the name to Love Always and it showed not only Riana and Shawn maturing into young adults, but it changed everyone in the entire series.
3. The poems written in Love Unbroken were actually real: One of the things readers loved about Love Unbroken were the poems; those poems were actual poems that my husband wrote to me when we first started dating. At first, I wasn’t going to share them, but since the book was sort of inspired by my relationship with my husband, I decided to (with his permission, of course).
2. The Walkers: Since my husband is the inspiration for Shawn, that probably had some of you wondering who is the inspiration for Marcus. Now, my husband does have a brother, who is four years older than him, but he is not Marcus. In fact, there’s a little of my husband in Marcus as well (of course not the womanizer part). Besides Shawn and Issac, the other male characters are not modeled by anyone I know; they are just characters that I created.
1. Love Unbroken is actually a true story- Sort of : The first story in the series provided a lot of mixed reviews, mainly because some readers felt the story was not realistic. To a certain extent, the story was made up: From the prom scene to the “winter wonderland,” those scenes were based off of my imagination; but the Open Mics at The Tunnel, those were actually real. During several interviews, I mentioned that this story was based off of how my husband and I met almost 14 years ago. I was in college and met him through a mutual friend (sounds familiar). He is a poet and I have watched him perform during Open Mic nights throughout the city, which were always fun. He can also sing, and he has sung for me during several occasions, which made me include those scenes in the story as well. He never sung for me outside the Galleria, though, lol. There are other scenes in the story that are real, but I’ll let you all figure out those for yourself. 🙂
So, since my husband is Shawn, does that make me Riana? Maybe so. 🙂 And no, I can’t sing. I was in my elementary school choir, but that doesn’t count, lol.
Bonus Tidbit: Redemption was a random story: I was going to end the series once I was finished with Love Always, but after having a great conversation with a reader, the concept of Nathan having his own story was brought up. She picked up throughout the series how Nathan’s personality was and felt there was something more with his story and the things he has done to Riana. She felt that Nathan should have his own story so he could tell his side to everything that has occurred with Ri, Shawn, and with his parents; and that was how Redemption was born.
So, there you have it, the 10 things you never knew about the LLH series. I really hope you all enjoyed this series as much as I enjoyed writing it. Although the series is over, get ready for the spin-off with Kevin, Carla, and Jennifer, because their story will be a juicy read. Not only that, but you get to revisit all of the couples in the LLH series! I can’t let go of these characters, so I’m glad that I’m able to continue writing about them and for you all to continue to read about them. 🙂