Happy Sunday!!! One year ago tomorrow, A Chance at Love was released on Amazon! It’s hard to imagine that it has been a year since this book was released. For those of you who do not know, I never intended to make a series out of In Love With My Best Friend; it was meant to be a standalone book; but after receiving emails and comments from readers asking about Tia and Charles, I had to write a book about them. And that was how A Chance at Love was created. Never in my wildest dreams did I realize how popular this book was going to be.
After it was released, the book went to #1 on the African-American Women’s Fiction best-seller’s list and stayed at the top spot for three weeks, making it my first #1 best-selling book on Amazon. Not only that, but it created a huge fan base for not only Tia and Charles, but also for the original couple of the series, Camille and Trevor. This was the book that had readers talking, which was pretty good considering this was a book I was never going to write.
For that, I have to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who supported this book. This was such a fun book to write and I still have great memories of these wonderful characters.
To celebrate the book’s anniversary, tell me your favorite moment from the book on the comment section below.
Also, here is my favorite song from the book’s playlist, “Can’t Hide Love” by Earth, Wind, & Fire. Every time I hear this song, it makes me think about the book and the relationship that Tia and Charles had throughout the story.
Hi everyone!! A Chance at Love, the second book in the In Love With My Best Friend series, is FREE on Amazon!
It will be free starting today through Wednesday, October 15th!
Recently, I have launched the In Love With My Best Friend series to paperback through Createspace. To celebrate, I am doing 3 different giveaways on Goodreads! Through each giveaway, I am giving 2 copies of A Chance at Love, The Wedding, Part I and Part II. The giveaway for A Chance at Love is for the US and Canada only, while the giveaways for The Wedding, Part I and II are for the US, UK, and Canada.
To enter, either click on the links below or you can go onto Goodreads and go on the Giveaway page. The contest for A Chance at Love is going on now, while the giveaways for The Wedding Part I and Part II will start at 2am central, Midnight pacific time. The end dates will appear on each contest link. As always, good luck!
Hi everyone!!! I mentioned on my Contests and Giveaway page that I will be doing a trivia contest on Facebook. The questions have now been posted on my page. For anyone who is on Facebook and would like to participate, you can be answering the following questions below, but in order to win, you must inbox me as well as Iamshawnda Hamilton and answer ALL 40 QUESTIONS to receive the big prize.
Here are the questions:
In Love With My Best Friend
1. Where did Trevor and Chelsea have their engagement party?
2. Why did Trevor move back to Houston?
3. What movie were Trevor and Camille watching in his condo?
4. What game did Camille and Trevor play at The Aquarium?
5. What company does Camille work for?
6. What was the dance Trevor and Camille learned at The Dance Factory?
7. Who was the person that caught Trevor and Camille making out at Perry’s?
8. What is the name of the song that Camille and Trevor danced to at Bar79?
9. What is the name of the bridal store that Chelsea had her bridesmaids go to for their fitting?
10. Where was the venue Chelsea and Trevor had their wedding?
A Chance at Love
1. Which character’s birthday was at the beginning of the story?
2. What meal did Tia order while dining at Hugo’s?
3. Where is Charles’ and Trevor’s favorite hangout?
4. Where did Charles and Shelby meet?
5. What company does Charles and Tia work for?
6. Where did Tia attend college?
7. What area in Texas does Granny Bea live?
8. What club did Tia, Charles, Camille, and Trevor go to during their night out?
9. Where was the place Tia and Charles first met?
10. What was the song being played when Charles proposed to Tia?
1. What happened to Riana during the prologue of Love Unbroken?
2. What is Riana’s major?
3. Where did Riana and Shawn meet?
4. What is Riana’s screen name on Spoken?
5. Who is the guy Riana met at the off-campus party?
6. What is Shawn’s apartment address?
7. What is the name of the club that held Open Mic night?
8. What was the song everyone danced to during the “dance contest?”
9. How are Shawn and Nathan related?
10. What was the song Shawn sung to Riana at Open Mic?
1. Where was Cheryl in the prologue?
2. How did Cheryl and Marcus meet?
3. Who is Cheryl’s ex-boyfriend?
4. Where did Marcus take Cheryl for their first date?
5. Where was the place Marcus mentioned to Cheryl as his “thinking place?”
6. What was the song the guys performed karaoke to?
7. What was the name of the restaurant where Cheryl met all of Marcus’ flings?
8. What TV show did Cheryl referenced a scene similar to her date with Marcus at the restaurant?
9. What was the name of the movie Cheryl wanted to reenact a scene from?
10. What was the name of the song Marcus sung to Cheryl at his birthday party?
The contest will end tomorrow at ll:59pm eastern/10:59 central. Good luck everyone!!!!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! The next book discussion for my Facebook group, Sheena Binkley Reading Palace, will be Saturday, May 3rd!!! We will be discussing the In Love With My Best Friend series. To be a part of the discussion, you must be a member on Facebook and must be a member of the Reading Palace. If you are not a member, you can by requesting to join at the link below:
The fun begins at 8pm eastern/ 7pm central 🙂
Hi everyone!!! The Wedding, Parts I & II will be released soon and a lot is happening with Camille and Trevor and Tia and Charles. I already gave five spoilers for part I, so now, it’s time for part II.
1. Charles’ father: In A Chance at Love, Charles mentioned to Tia what happened with his father, so get ready when he makes an unexpected appearance back into his life. The reunion is not pleasant between the two, but will Charles have a change of heart before the wedding?
2. Tia receives shocking news: This also pertains to Charles’ father as he tells Tia a secret that he doesn’t want Charles to know until after the wedding. It will leave her making a decision that could potentially delay the ceremony.
3. Charles’ siblings: Charles recently reached out to his siblings and are now really close. When one of his brothers betrays his trust, and Tia is caught in the middle, will he be able to forgive him?
4. Tia and Camille: When Tia enlists Camille as hers and Charles’ wedding coordinator, she believes that Camille is out to get her by destroying her wedding plans; but is Tia the blame for Camille’s attitude towards the wedding?
5. Shelby returns: Shelby is back to make peace with her little sister, as she brings a surprise guest along with her to the wedding.
There are a lot more twists and turns to this story, when The Wedding, Part II is released on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Google Play June 20th!!!
Hi everyone!!! Google Play users, the entire book collection is now available on Google website!! Download today for only $.99!!!